For several years now, internet marketers have known the true power of YouTube marketing. If done right, a viral YouTube video can bring in massive amount of traffic to any website.
So why don’t more internet marketers exploit this valuable revenue source more often? Well, the answer is simple; it’s not the easiest, cheapest or quickest way of gaining traffic.
However, in the long run, YouTube marketing gives an incredible ROI.
Below we take a look at the very basics of YouTube marketing.
The Benefits of Video Marketing
First let’s start by taking a look at the major benefits of YouTube marketing for new internet marketers:
Video is a more powerful media than written text in some situations. Furthermore, video can be far more engaging than a simple page of words.
- A video tends to focus the watcher, priming them for your product. Additionally, the conversion rate from video driven traffic tends to be far higher than other sources.
- Search engines love videos; some such as Google will even embed a thumbnail of the video right into SERP. This leads to a much higher click through rate.
- Video marketing doesn’t need to be expensive. Compared to a mid-sized PPC campaign, a good YouTube video could bring in more traffic for a similar cost.
- YouTube has a feature set, community driven, which gives you the tools to make your video go viral. This is not simple, nor is it guaranteed, but if it happens, expect ridiculous amounts of traffic.
Identify a Target Market
Before you sit down and start planning out your first YouTube video marketing initiative, you absolutely must spend some time making sure that there is an appropriate target market.
For example, if you are selling anti-wrinkle cream to senior citizens, it is highly unlikely that YouTube would be a viable marketing avenue.
Because your target customers are not massive YouTube users.
So before you take the plunge, make sure that your target market is made up of the type of people who will, and do, visit YouTube regularly. YouTube Analytics is a great tool for making sure you are hitting your intended market, you can find it by clicking here.
Don’t be fooled in to thinking that YouTube Analytics are any less effective than any other Google product (you did know Google owns YouTube right?).
Just check out the incredible data you can get about your audience:
By far the most common mistake that new internet marketers make when they attempt their first YouTube campaign, is not posting videos that are interesting and engaging.
You may love that nosebleed techno track you set as the soundtrack, most won’t. Your favorite colors might be pink and organe, you think your video text looks great, again most won’t.
But most importantly, the actual content, the story of your video needs to make sense and be interesting enough to keep somebody watching until the very end.
Put simply, a boring video will not bring traffic. A good video, that has been well produced will. And this leads us on to our next point.
Invest in Production Quality
The 2 megapixel webcam that is built into a laptop is simply not good enough to make good YouTube videos. In the same breath, the inbuilt microphones on most laptops cannot record sound very well.
If you are serious about YouTube marketing, then you are going to need to buy, beg, borrow or steal a good recording rig.
This means at least a decent digital camera with HD video capabilities, and it will need to be on a tripod. You will also need to invest in a good microphone, a desktop microphone will be fine for indoor work, you might need a proper directional microphone if you are working outdoors.
Above, we have covered the very basics of preparing for a YouTube marketing campaign. And this is a good starting point for any new internet marketer wishing to try their hand at YouTube marketing.
Below are a few extra tips, to help you get off to a good start, and extract value from YouTube marketing at every turn.
- Videos don’t need to be movies – You can record a whole bunch of extra things instead of a pure video stream. Using screen capture software to create a tutorial video is one great example of how a video can be used to demonstrate something, and hopefully result in traffic.
- Record everything – If you happen to be out and about and spot an advertising billboard that really gets a message across, then film it with a portable camera. Footage like this can be inserted into your videos to add production quality. Almost everything can be used as part of a YouTube video, so film anything you think you could possibly use later on.
- Audio and images work well – If you don’t have the budget to produce a professional quality video, then consider simply combining images with a narrated soundtrack. You can also use this kind of narrative to create normal videos, and this is a proven technique for engaging viewers.
YouTube marketing is a fantastic way to bring traffic to a sales site. With a little imagination, a small investment and the right determination you could find that you no longer need to rely upon other forms of advertising or marketing.
Do you want to make money with YouTube? Affiliatex lists the best affiliate programs.
Join Affiliate X pro, and then look at the “youtube number” to find products that have low competition on there. Join Affiliatex PRO to access incredible data on over 1,300 products now.”